When buying a robot vacuum, there are some basic guidelines you need to keep in mind. Several types of robot vacuums are on the market, but only some will work with Homekit.
For now, robot vacuums need Homebridge to make them work with Apple Homekit. None that I could find at this time had native support. More info on how to use Homebridge to connect your robot vacuum is below.
This is the closest thing you can get to an Apple robot vacuum cleaner!
Here's what we cover:
Top Robot Vacuums With Homekit Compatibility
eufy RoboVac X8 Hybrid
If you are looking for an intelligent robotic vacuum cleaner that works with Apple Homekit, the eufy RoboVac X8 Hybrid is a perfect choice.
This model from eufy is known for its advanced features and exceptional cleaning performance, handling both vacuuming and mopping tasks effortlessly.
- Twin-Turbine technology, allowing it to generate up to 2000Pa of suction power.
- Advanced AI mapping and navigation system.
- Dual-function vacuum and mop for diverse cleaning needs.
- Large 580ml dustbin capacity.
- Intelligent carpet recognition that increases suction power for deeper cleaning.
- Automatically avoids carpets when in mopping mode.
- The upgraded brushless fan delivers stronger and quieter cleaning.
- Can remember up to 3 floor plans.
- The hybrid function offers the convenience of vacuuming and mopping in one device, making it ideal for various floor types.
- Capable of tackling larger debris thanks to its robust suction power.
- Highly accurate mapping capability allows for efficient cleaning and obstacle avoidance.
- The app provides easy customization of cleaning schedules and virtual no-go zones.
- The vacuum’s larger size can sometimes make it challenging to navigate tighter spaces or under low furniture.
- The mopping function, while effective for light tasks, may not be as thorough on heavily stained areas.
- Like other options, hair may get tangled in the brush during heavy-duty cleaning.
Overall, the eufy RoboVac X8 Hybrid offers a great balance between price and performance, with the added benefit of Homekit compatibility via Homebridge. Its high-end features and dual-function cleaning ability make it a great addition to any smart home ecosystem.
iRobot Roomba s9+
The iRobot Roomba S9+ is another top-tier choice that you can consider for a robot vacuum with Homekit compatibility.
This innovative device will clean your floors and even clean your closets! It is compatible with Apple Homekit and can recognize and respond to your voice commands.
- The updated shape design allows it to handle cleaning corners better than previous models.
- Dual brush roll.
- 550ml dust collection bin with self-emptying functionality when it docks into the base.
- Power – airflow measured at 22 cm (cubic feet per minute), making it one of the most powerful robot vacuums.
- The auto mode will adjust the suction based on the type of floor it is cleaning.
- Can remember up to 10 floor plans.
- The edge brush has been redesigned, so it does not spin as fast as previous models. This makes it control the dirt much better to get it sucked up.
- Excellent when deep cleaning a carpet compared to other robot vacuums.
- The brush design does really well with getting any hair in the vacuum without tangling in the brush.
- Good battery life with 49 minutes on high power and 120 minutes on low. Also, it does have a feature where the vacuum will charge in the middle of a clean if needed and then resume after it is charged.
- If you have large debris on your floor (the size of a piece of cereal, for example), it sometimes has trouble picking it up.
- One of the most expensive vacuums on the market – but I would argue that it is one of the best!
Roborock S7 MaxV
The Roborock S7 MaxV is another excellent choice if you are looking for an intelligent robot vacuum cleaner with Apple Homekit compatibility.
The S7 MaxV is designed with a high-performance suction motor that can clean rugs and tiles using laser navigation technology to avoid furniture or other obstacles.
- AI or artificial intelligence features include LiDAR navigation to map the house efficiently.
- Two cameras help the vacuum avoid obstacles. It also comes with a vast library of preset objects (shoes, cords, accidental pet waste, etc.) to help the vacuum determine what an obstacle is and how to avoid it properly.
- 2500 PA (Pascal Pressure Units) of suction, making it the most powerful in the Roborock lineup of robot vacuums.
- 66 watts of power.
- 460 ml dust bin.
- 5200 mah battery which gives about 3 hours on low power.
- Moping system with electronically controlled water. This allows you to set the amount of water used when mopping. You can also set up zones where carpets or rugs exist so that these do not get mopped.
- It can handle all types of debris with ease without requiring multiple passes.
- Easy to set up no-go lines.
- The brushes are not the best for resisting hair getting tangled.
ECOVACS Deebot N8 Pro+
The ECOVACS Deebot N8 Pro+ is a robot vacuum with Alexa and Homekit integration. It is another excellent option that you can use with Homekit. It has many features that help make it one of my top picks.
- Auto-empty bin at the base.
- Airflow on max power is 24 cfm (cubic feet per minute) – more power than my top pick above.
- Two side brushes work together to get all the debris in its path.
- Uses LiDAR for navigation, which helps it cover entire rooms quite well.
- Additional and optional bins are available.
- Recharge and resume functionality.
- The price point is quite good compared to other more expensive options.
- Works very well when vacuuming heavy debris.
- Does very well with pet hair with little clogging.
- Tremendous obstacle avoidance.
- One of the cheaper options here.
- The brushes are not the best for resisting hair getting tangled.
- Mapping rooms can take a lot of time compared to other options.
The Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop 2 Ultra is our last recommendation on this list and also a good choice. It can even be used for cleaning tiles and wood floors. It has Alexa and Homekit integration that works well with the Homekit system.
Various features allow you to customize it to perform your specific tasks efficiently. You can control it remotely with your smartphone through an application that also helps it see what it is cleaning better.
- One camera to map out the room.
- Cliff sensors ensure that the vacuum does not drive itself down a flight of stairs.
- Mopping module with water tank. Mopping happens immediately after the vacuum passes over the area on the floor.
- One of the most straightforward options on this list.
- One of the cheapest options on this list.
- Quite quiet.
- Obstacle avoidance is done through a bumper, so it will hit objects on your floor before it avoids them. It also means that you will need to manually clear out some things on your floor before starting the vacuum.
Why Do You Have To Use Homebridge?
Apple’s HomeKit platform delivers powerful voice control with Siri and automation capabilities, but there are some drawbacks. The platform is not compatible with robot vacuums at this time, so Homebridge was designed as a workaround.
The installation process is simple. You can look at our article on Homebridge to get more information on how it works and how to set it up. Once installed, it will take a few minutes to complete.
There are numerous benefits to using Homebridge. You can control your robot cleaner with Siri and use automation features to program your regular cleaning schedule. You can quickly install Apple Homekit for robot vacuums with a Homebridge plugin, which is much easier than installing Homekit for real devices in your home.
Cleaning your floors has never been so simple!