One of the most exciting tech developments was the introduction of Apple Homekit. Homekit allows users to control their home through voice activation and mobile devices.
But do Geeni devices work with Homekit?
Here's what we cover:
- Are Geeni Products Compatible With Apple HomeKit?
- Geeni Devices You Can Control With HomeKit
- How to Add Geeni to Homekit
Are Geeni Products Compatible With Apple HomeKit?
Yes, you can make Geeni or Merkury Innovations smart home products compatible with Homekit. However, since they are not natively compatible, you will need to use Homebridge to set it up and work properly.
Geeni Devices You Can Control With HomeKit
Geeni offers a wide range of smart home products you can control with Apple Homekit in addition to the MyGeeni app. These include:
- Geeni smart plugs – I recommend the Geeni DOT Smart Wi-Fi Outlet Plug.
- Geeni smart light switches, like the Geeni TAP+DIM Smart Light Switch.
- Geeni smart light bulbs, like the Geeni PRISMA 1050 Wi-Fi LED Light Bulb, and LED strips, such as the Geeni Prisma 5M Smart WiFi LED Strip Lights.
- Geeni security cameras, such as the Geeni HD Hawk 2.
- Geeni video doorbells.
How to Add Geeni to Homekit
If you are ready to set up Homekit with your Geeni device using Homebridge, follow the instructions below:
You can find it for free at homebridge.io.
Install and open the Homebridge software program.
Search for the Geeni plugin.
The name of this plugin is homebridge-tuya-lan plugin.
Configure the plugin.
This screen will automatically be displayed after it is installed. You will be asked to give it a unique name and other settings.
You can easily do this by clicking the restart button on the top right of the dashboard screen.
After restarting, the settings you configured will take effect automatically. You can now control your connected device with Siri or a mobile Apple device.
Setting up Geeni with Homekit is a quick process you can do in just a few minutes using the steps above. Once it is set up, you can use your iOS mobile device to control your connected device using Siri voice commands or the free Apple application for iOS called “Home.”