If you are the current owner of a Ring Doorbell 2 and are looking to transfer ownership to someone else, this article is for you. You should change the owner of your Ring Doorbell for several reasons. You may be moving to a new home and want to sell your doorbell to the new owner. Or you may give your doorbell as a gift to a friend or family member.
Whatever the reason, it’s essential to know the steps involved in changing the owner to ensure a smooth and successful transition.
We will walk you through transferring ownership and provide tips and considerations to keep in mind.
Here's what we cover:
- Can You Have 2 Owners On A Ring Doorbell?
- How To Change Ownership Of Ring Doorbell 2
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Ring app installed on your phone.
- Log in to the Ring app using the account associated with the doorbell.
- Go to “Devices” from the main menu and select the doorbell you want to transfer ownership of.
- Scroll down on the device page and tap on “Device Settings.”
- Go to “General Settings.”
- Tap “Remove Device” and follow the instructions on your screen.
- Once the doorbell has been removed from your account, the new owner can set it up by following the standard setup process in the Ring app.
Can You Have 2 Owners On A Ring Doorbell?
Are you looking to give someone else access to your Ring doorbell while you’re away, or maybe you’ve got multiple peeps living in the same household? No worries, my friend! Adding shared users to your Ring account is a breeze.
Just log into the Ring app, head to the “Shared Users” section under “Shared Access,” and invite those lucky ducks by entering their email or phone number. They’ll need to accept the invite and boom! They’ll be a part of the party with access to notifications, live videos, and all the other cool doorbell features.
Just keep in mind that shared users will have a different level of access than the primary owner, so they won’t be able to change any settings or take over ownership. But hey, that’s a small price to pay for peace of mind, right?
How To Change Ownership Of Ring Doorbell 2
To change the owner of a Ring Doorbell 2, you can use the following method, which involves the current owner deleting the doorbell from their Ring app so that the new owner can add it to their app:
Make sure you have the latest version of the Ring app installed on your phone.
Log in to the Ring app using the account associated with the doorbell.
Scroll down on the device page and tap on “Device Settings.”
Go to “General Settings.”
Tap “Remove Device” and follow the instructions on your screen.
Once the doorbell has been removed from your account, the new owner can set it up by following the standard setup process in the Ring app.
Before transferring ownership, it’s a good idea to take the following precautions:
- Back up any video footage you want to keep: If you have any video footage that you want to keep, make sure to download it to your device before transferring ownership. Once the ownership is transferred, you will no longer have access to the doorbell’s video history.
- Factory reset the doorbell: It’s also a good idea to factory reset the doorbell before transferring ownership. This will erase all the doorbell settings and make it easier for the new owner to set it up. To factory reset the doorbell, go to the Ring app’s device page and tap “Device Health.” From there, you should see an option to “Reset Device.”
There are a few potential issues or considerations to keep in mind when changing the owner of a Ring Doorbell 2:
- Subscription service: If the doorbell is tied to a subscription service (e.g., Ring Protect), make sure to cancel the subscription if you no longer need it.
- Shared users: If you have added any shared users to your account, they will no longer have access to the doorbell once the ownership is transferred. Make sure to remove any shared users before transferring ownership if necessary.
Changing the owner of a Ring Doorbell 2 is a relatively simple process that can be done either through the Ring app or Ring Customer Support.
Before transferring ownership, it’s a good idea to back up any video footage you want to keep, and factory reset the doorbell to erase all of its settings.
Consider any subscription services or shared users tied to the doorbell before transferring ownership. Following these steps and taking necessary precautions can ensure a smooth and successful ownership transition.