Govee Dreamview lights are a popular and affordable option for adding a colorful and dynamic lighting experience to any room in your home, especially when it comes to enhancing your TV viewing experience. These lights are designed to be mounted behind the TV and provide ambient lighting that can reduce eye strain and improve the viewing experience.
I found these lights very simple to install, and you will too!
The purpose of this article is to guide you through the installation process. We will cover everything from gathering the necessary materials to troubleshooting any issues that may arise during installation. Whether you’re a first-time installer or a seasoned DIY enthusiast, this article will provide the information and instructions you need to create a stunning and unique lighting experience in your home.
Gather Necessary Materials
Believe it or not, everything you need to install the lights is included in the box. You only need to purchase additional materials or tools before beginning the installation process.
- Clean the surface on the back of the TV: Before installing the Govee Dreamview lights, it is essential to ensure that the surface on the back of the TV is clean and dust-free. This will provide a secure and stable installation and prevent any light damage. The package of Govee immersion lights includes alcohol pads. Use them to gently clean the surface of the TV.
- Measuring and marking the lights: The Govee Dreamview lights are designed to be mounted behind the TV. Therefore, it is vital to measure and mark the location of the lights before beginning the installation. I just measured around one inch in from the edge of the TV. Use a measuring tape to determine the dimensions of the TV and mark the location where the lights will be placed. This will help you align the lights properly and ensure they are symmetrical. Make sure to use a pencil or a removable marker to mark the location so that it can be easily removed after installation.
By following these pre-installation steps, you can ensure a smooth and successful installation of Govee Dreamview lights behind your TV.
How To Install Govee Dreamview Lights
- Peel off the backing of the adhesive strip on the light strips and align them with the marks you made on the TV.
- Gently press down on the lights to ensure they are securely attached to the TV.
- Connect the lights to the control box using the attached USB cable.
- Attach the camera to the top of the TV.
- Connect the camera to the control box with the attached cable.
- Connect the power adapter to the control box.
- Turn on the lights and install the Govee app.
This app can be easily found by using your phone to scan the QR code on the blue pamphlet that came in the box.
- Follow the app’s screen instructions to connect the lights to the wifi.
- Run the camera with the TV through the calibration process on the app screen.
This will involve temporarily attaching the orange calibration blocks to your tv to complete the process.
- Play around with the settings to find the configuration that you like most.
Tips For Successful Installation
- Make sure to clean the surface on the back of the TV thoroughly before installation to ensure a secure and stable hold for the lights.
- Align the lights properly with the marks you made on the TV to ensure they are symmetrical and provide an even and consistent ambient light.
- Take your time during the installation process, and don’t rush. This will help you to avoid any mistakes.
- Before you stick the lights, ensure that the location you have marked does not cover any critical part of the TV, such as connectors or buttons.
Following these step-by-step instructions and tips, you can install Govee Dreamview lights behind your TV quickly and easily and enjoy a colorful and dynamic viewing experience.
Govee Dreamview Camera Placement
The key to achieving the best results with the Govee Dreamview TV backlight is proper camera placement. I would recommend setting it either in the top center of the TV or bottom center.
Also, be sure to take the plastic film off the lens after you install it. I went for a few hours before I realized this!
A Quick Camera Hack With An ND Filter
In order to get more accurate colors on the LED light strips, you can try adding an ND filter, like this one, to the camera. I’ve never tested it myself, but I have seen a lot of reports that this works quite well.
Common issues that may arise during installation:
- Lights not sticking correctly: If the lights are not sticking properly to the back of the TV, it could be due to a lack of surface preparation or the surface being dirty. Ensure that the surface on the back of the TV is clean and dust-free before installation.
- Lights are not responding to the app: If the lights are not responding, it’s the wifi connection. Check to make sure that the wifi is online.
- Lights need to provide consistent ambient light: If the lights are not providing consistent ambient light, it could be due to improper placement or alignment. Ensure the lights are correctly aligned and placed as close to the TV as possible.
Following these steps and tips, you can install Govee Dreamview lights behind your TV quickly and easily and enjoy a colorful and dynamic viewing experience.
We hope this article has provided you with the information and confidence you need to create a unique and stunning lighting experience in your home. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Govee customer service for assistance.