Are you looking for a way to add pop to your TV viewing experience? Well, have no fear because the Govee Dreamview lights are here! These bad boys are super popular and won’t break the bank. Plus, they’re designed to make your TV watching comfier by reducing eye strain and adding ambient lighting to the room.
I was so surprised by how easy they were to install – seriously, even a total newbie like me had no trouble! And that’s why I’m here to give you the lowdown on how to install them. From gathering all the necessary materials to solving any hiccups that might come up, I’ve got you covered. So whether you’re a pro at DIY projects or just starting out, this guide will give you all the info you need to make your room look straight up fire with these lights.
Here's what we cover:
- Gather Necessary Materials
- Pre-installation Steps
- How To Install Govee Dreamview Lights
- Peel off the backing of the adhesive strip on the light strips and align them with the marks you made on the TV.
- Gently press down on the lights to ensure they are securely attached to the TV.
- Connect the lights to the control box using the attached USB cable.
- Attach the camera to the top of the TV.
- Connect the camera to the control box with the attached cable.
- Connect the power adapter to the control box.
- Turn on the lights and install the Govee app.
- Follow the app’s screen instructions to connect the lights to the wifi.
- Run the camera with the TV through the calibration process on the app screen.
- Play around with the settings to find the configuration that you like most.
- Tips For Successful Installation
- Govee Dreamview Camera Placement
Gather Necessary Materials
Believe it or not, everything you need to install the lights is included in the box. You only need to purchase additional materials or tools before beginning the installation process.
- Clean the surface on the back of the TV: Before installing the Govee Dreamview lights, it is essential to ensure that the surface on the back of the TV is clean and dust-free. This will provide a secure and stable installation and prevent any light damage. The package of Govee immersion lights includes alcohol pads. Use them to gently clean the surface of the TV.
- Measuring and marking the lights: The Govee Dreamview lights are designed to be mounted behind the TV. Therefore, it is vital to measure and mark the location of the lights before beginning the installation. I just measured around one inch in from the edge of the TV. Use a measuring tape to determine the dimensions of the TV and mark the location where the lights will be placed. This will help you align the lights properly and ensure they are symmetrical. Make sure to use a pencil or a removable marker to mark the location so that it can be easily removed after installation.
By following these pre-installation steps, you can ensure a smooth and successful installation of Govee Dreamview lights behind your TV.
How To Install Govee Dreamview Lights
Peel off the backing of the adhesive strip on the light strips and align them with the marks you made on the TV.
Gently press down on the lights to ensure they are securely attached to the TV.
Connect the lights to the control box using the attached USB cable.
Attach the camera to the top of the TV.
Connect the camera to the control box with the attached cable.
Connect the power adapter to the control box.
Turn on the lights and install the Govee app.
This app can be easily found by using your phone to scan the QR code on the blue pamphlet that came in the box.
Follow the app’s screen instructions to connect the lights to the wifi.
Run the camera with the TV through the calibration process on the app screen.
This will involve temporarily attaching the orange calibration blocks to your tv to complete the process.
Play around with the settings to find the configuration that you like most.
Tips For Successful Installation
- Make sure to clean the surface on the back of the TV thoroughly before installation to ensure a secure and stable hold for the lights.
- Align the lights properly with the marks you made on the TV to ensure they are symmetrical and provide an even and consistent ambient light.
- Take your time during the installation process, and don’t rush. This will help you to avoid any mistakes.
- Before you stick the lights, ensure that the location you have marked does not cover any critical part of the TV, such as connectors or buttons.
Following these step-by-step instructions and tips, you can install Govee Dreamview lights behind your TV quickly and easily and enjoy a colorful and dynamic viewing experience.
Govee Dreamview Camera Placement
The key to achieving the best results with the Govee Dreamview TV backlight is proper camera placement. I would recommend setting it either in the top center of the TV or bottom center.
Also, be sure to take the plastic film off the lens after you install it. I went for a few hours before I realized this!
A Quick Camera Hack With An ND Filter
In order to get more accurate colors on the LED light strips, you can try adding an ND filter, like this one, to the camera. I’ve never tested it myself, but I have seen a lot of reports that this works quite well.
Common issues that may arise during installation:
- Lights not sticking correctly: If your lights aren’t sticking correctly to the back of your TV, it’s probably because the surface needs to be prepped better or it’s a little dirty. Make sure to give the back of your TV a quick clean and dust it off before installing the lights.
- Lights are not responding to the app: If your lights are not responding to the app, it’s probably a wifi issue. Double-check to make sure your wifi is online and ready to go.
- Lights need to provide consistent ambient light: And if you’re not getting that consistent ambiance you’re after, it’s probably because your lights are not in the right spot or they’re not aligned properly. Make sure they’re placed as close to the TV as possible and lined up just right. Voila! Problem solved.
Following these steps and tips, you can install Govee Dreamview lights behind your TV quickly and easily and enjoy a colorful and dynamic viewing experience.
We hope this article has provided you with the information and confidence you need to create a unique and stunning lighting experience in your home. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Govee customer service for assistance.