You know how we all love to stay connected to our homes, even when we’re out and about? You can now control your Ring Doorbell 2 using SmartThings. It’s like having a superpower!
With this integration, you’ll be able to check in on your front door from anywhere, anytime. No more worrying about missed deliveries or wondering who’s ringing the bell. You can see, hear and even chat with your visitors, all from your smartphone or tablet. Plus, you can set up custom automation to fit your lifestyle. It’s like having your very own personal butler, 24/7!
So, this integration is a must-have if you’re looking to up your smart home game. Trust me, you won’t regret it. Stay connected and watch your pad, even when you’re not there!
Here's what we cover:
- How To Set Up A Ring Doorbell 2 With SmartThings
- Install the SmartThings app on your mobile device and sign in to your account.
- Tap the “+” sign on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap “Devices.”
- Select Ring from the list of available devices. Alternatively, you can scan the QR code on the back of the wireless Doorbell.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your doorbell to the SmartThings app. This may include logging in to your Ring account and placing it into pairing mode.
- Once the Doorbell is connected, it will appear in the device list of the SmartThings app.
- Then you can enable specific features like “Notifications” and set up automation like “turn off the lights when someone rings the bell.”
- Why Would You Want To Integrate Ring With SmartThings?
How To Set Up A Ring Doorbell 2 With SmartThings
You’ll first need to connect your Ring Doorbell 2 to the SmartThings app to set up the integration. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do this:
Install the SmartThings app on your mobile device and sign in to your account.
Tap the “+” sign on the top right corner of the screen.
Select Ring from the list of available devices. Alternatively, you can scan the QR code on the back of the wireless Doorbell.
Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your doorbell to the SmartThings app. This may include logging in to your Ring account and placing it into pairing mode.
Once the Doorbell is connected, it will appear in the device list of the SmartThings app.
Then you can enable specific features like “Notifications” and set up automation like “turn off the lights when someone rings the bell.”
Why Would You Want To Integrate Ring With SmartThings?
Integrating the Ring Doorbell 2 with SmartThings opens up several advanced features and capabilities that can increase your home’s convenience and security. Some of these features include:
- Automation: With SmartThings, you can create custom automations that work with your smart devices. For example, you can set it up so that when your doorbell rings, the lights in your house turn on automatically. Or, if you have a smart lock, you can unlock the door with just one tap on the app after confirming the visitor’s identity through the live view. Ain’t that neat?
- IFTTT integration: You can take it to the next level with IFTTT (If This Then That) integration. IFTTT is a service that lets you create custom integrations between smart devices and web services. With SmartThings and IFTTT, you can set up advanced automations like getting a message on your phone or smartwatch when your doorbell rings or having your doorbell’s video feed saved to the cloud when motion is detected. So cool!
- Advanced motion detection: With SmartThings, you can fine-tune the motion detection settings. You can adjust the motion sensor’s sensitivity, set up custom motion zones, and even schedule when the sensor should be active. This can help reduce false alarms and increase security by ensuring the sensor is active when you are away from home.
- Remote control: You can control your doorbell from anywhere with the SmartThings app! You can turn the motion sensor on or off, which is super helpful when you’re on vacation or on a long trip. No more worrying about missing any visitors!
By using these advanced features, you can increase the convenience and security of your home. For example, by setting up automation, you can make sure that your home is always well-lit when someone comes to the door, and by using IFTTT integrations, you can ensure that you’re always informed when someone is at the door, even if you’re not at home.
The advanced features of the Ring Doorbell 2 and SmartThings integration can help keep your home safe and secure and make your life more convenient.
Are you ready to step up your home security and convenience game? Integrating your Ring Doorbell 2 with SmartThings is the way to do it. With this sweet setup, you can check in on your front door from anywhere, get notified on your phone when someone’s at the door, and even create custom automations to make your life easier.
And that’s not even the best part – the integration opens up all sorts of cool features like IFTTT integration, motion detection fine-tuning, and remote control. Trust me, you want to take advantage of this.
I know all this tech talk can be overwhelming, but don’t worry. I’ve covered you with this article that gives you all the necessary information to start. And if you run into any issues, the SmartThings and Ring Doorbell support docs are always there. So, what are you waiting for?